Clamato and One Pocket

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I was traveling cross country with Jimmy Rempe after one of the Stardust Tournaments, we were having a good time with the drive cutting up jack pots when I said lets stop in Oklahoma City there might be some action there. We stopped in Trueloves and Chester was there with Hitchcock, Chester asked Rempe if he wanted to play Norman and we agreed to play some 9 ball. Chester gave us gas money to finish our drive, Rempe didn't play very good, but Norman did. It goes that ways sometimes.

Billy I.

You never played Hitchcock Billy. You played real good nine ball back then.

Did you and Rempe end up with any money on the road trip. Or was is all just fun and sight seing the country.

Back then you could drive pretty fast on the high ways. And gas was the wright price.

Even the hotel rooms and food. But its always good too think about those days.

And the people we ran accross and how much the times have changed.

If you do a lot in life you will fell no regrets and fullfield.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
You misread

You misread

Artie Bodendorfer said:
That was Norman Hitchcock I remember that's the name he gave. He said he was great.

And he doesn't say that too often. So I know he had to be a great player.

I never seen him play. But he said he played as good as anyone.

I hope if he was that great that just shows he might be another great player that with time will not get in the Hall off Fame.

And I think he said he played great one handed too. I guess Ronnie should know him.

Did they ever play. Ronnie and Hitchcock? But that was definitely the name Norman. Hitchcock.

Artie, you misread and underestimated me. I said Hitchcock was a fabulous 9 ball player. He played even with Buddy Hall when Buddy was in OK City. But he was not a great One pocket player. He was not spotting me 10 to 8 playing One pocket, I was spotting him 10 to 8!

Beard
No apology necessary

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You never played Hitchcock Billy. You played real good nine ball back then.

Did you and Rempe end up with any money on the road trip. Or was is all just fun and sight seing the country.

Back then you could drive pretty fast on the high ways. And gas was the wright price.

Even the hotel rooms and food. But its always good too think about those days.

And the people we ran accross and how much the times have changed.

If you do a lot in life you will fell no regrets and fullfield.

This wasn't a road trip, Rempe hitched a ride with me after the Stardust Tournament ended, we were both going east. I had to listen to The Moody Blues and stories of how much he liked fishing. Something new that he got into.

If my memory serves me right I believe that Hitchcock won the 9 ball division in either The Stardust, or Johnston City, but I could be wrong, but I doubt it.;)

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Artie, you misread and underestimated me. I said Hitchcock was a fabulous 9 ball player. He played even with Buddy Hall when Buddy was in OK City. But he was not a great One pocket player. He was not spotting me 10 to 8 playing One pocket, I was spotting him 10 to 8!

Beard
No apology necessary

I did think he was spoting you 10 to 8 but if you spoted him 10 to 8 you must have known what you were doing.

I thought for sure Tobby saud Norman Hitchcock was a great one pockit player. Maybe it was Long Beach.

But they were both olcer than Tobby. Who else played Norman Hitchcock one pocket?

Did he play in any off the one pocket tournements in Johnson City?

Did Billy Incardone ever play him? Who did he play like?

And who won at 10 to 8.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
wincardona said:
If my memory serves me right I believe that Hitchcock won the 9 ball division in either The Stardust, or Johnston City, but I could be wrong, but I doubt it.;)
Billy, Hitchcock never won at Johnston City. I see you won in 1972. That was almost 40 years ago, bro!:eek: I don't know about the Stardust events.

Doc
Tries to respect
his elders

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
wincardona said:
This wasn't a road trip, Rempe hitched a ride with me after the Stardust Tournament ended, we were both going east. I had to listen to The Moody Blues and stories of how much he liked fishing. Something new that he got into.

Billy I.
Hitchcock was the Stardust 9-ball champion one year -- around 1970 or so.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
Hitchcock was the Stardust 9-ball champion one year -- around 1970 or so.

Who did Norman Play one pocket like? And If Rempe was talking about going fishing.

You should have told him he was better off thaking his fishing pole instead off his cue stick.

And It sounds like he winte fishing in the wrong place. The shark ran into a Killer whale.

But Norman played good nine ball. How was his onepocket game? Did he learn too play from Haydon Lingo?