US Open One Pocket Qualifier at Hard Times in Sacramento, CA

1st $300 and Entry fee paid to US Open One Pocket tournament

##############Amar Kang####################

2nd $200 Billy Palmer
3rd $120 Bart Mahoney
4th $80 Shawn Roy
5th (tie) $60 Steve Housh and Jeff Heath
7th (tie) $40 Robert Aldana and Frank Nordmann
Great to see Amar Kang back in the game and I look forward to watching him compete out in Vegas! Now we need his cousin back too :(

How many players did you have, Tom?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
Great to see Amar Kang back in the game and I look forward to watching him compete out in Vegas! Now we need his cousin back too :(

I seen Billy Palmer play he playes a real good game off one pocket. And nine ball.

He has a lot off ability and talent. And when I seen him play he loves the compatition. And he showes a lot off heart.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
gulfportdoc said:
Congratulations to Amar! That Bart M. is something else. Just keeps on playing well. Sumbich must be as old as Henderson...;)

Doc

He may be younger than you Doc. He has been giving me fits lately, in the tournaments and for a little cash too.

I was knocked out early. Won a little $$ before the tournament giving someone 9/7 and the same guy put me in the losers bracket playing even in the tournament and Baby Frank finished me off.

Now that Raphael is out of town the tournaments are turning into the Amar & Billy show. The 9 ball is today and likely to be the same thing.

I am taking the day off from pool and the ladyfriend and I are going to go see Daffodil Hill in Volcano, CA. Of course I am very excited about this instead of hanging in the pool room all day. :eek:

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
30 strong players... all wanting to take a piece of the action..

Couple $50/game One Pocket matches afterwards. Just so much fun on a Saturday night... I love it.. :)

NH Steve said:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
jrhendy said:
He may be younger than you Doc. He has been giving me fits lately, in the tournaments and for a little cash too.

I was knocked out early. Won a little $$ before the tournament giving someone 9/7 and the same guy put me in the losers bracket playing even in the tournament and Baby Frank finished me off.

Now that Raphael is out of town the tournaments are turning into the Amar & Billy show. The 9 ball is today and likely to be the same thing.

I am taking the day off from pool and the ladyfriend and I are going to go see Daffodil Hill in Volcano, CA. Of course I am very excited about this instead of hanging in the pool room all day. :eek:
That's funny!:D 'Course you gotta humor the little things once in awhile. Hey, The Baby seems to like to lure guys over to Sacto, then pounce on them. How good does this guy play, anyway???;)

Years back I lucked out and beat Bart in a 9-ball match at a tournament at Kim Davenport's old room in Modesto. He wouldn't speak to me after that. It was the same event where Ron Allen (not Ronnie) had Chris MacDonald stuck 6-0 in a race to seven, but Chris came roaring back to beat him 7-6! Ron cracked us all up when he said, "Hey, I just lost seven games in a row, but I'm ready to play!" Wonder what ever happened to Ron?

Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
gulfportdoc said:
That's funny!:D 'Course you gotta humor the little things once in awhile. Hey, The Baby seems to like to lure guys over to Sacto, then pounce on them. How good does this guy play, anyway???;)

Years back I lucked out and beat Bart in a 9-ball match at a tournament at Kim Davenport's old room in Modesto. He wouldn't speak to me after that. It was the same event where Ron Allen (not Ronnie) had Chris MacDonald stuck 6-0 in a race to seven, but Chris came roaring back to beat him 7-6! Ron cracked us all up when he said, "Hey, I just lost seven games in a row, but I'm ready to play!" Wonder what ever happened to Ron?

Doc

Young Ron Allen moved to Las Vegas several years ago. Do not know where he is now.

About 10/12 years ago we were all playing in a tournament and ended up in the bar. Someone decided they wanted a pic of both Ronny Allen's together. While they were posing for the picture, old Ronny leaned over to young Ronny and said " If you ever go through Fort Worth, don't tell them you are Ronny Allen". You had to be there and we were all half s*** faced, but it was hilarious at the time.

thebaby

Verified Member
trying to clock

trying to clock

Listen DOC,you sound like a real nice guy,but when you post on the internet wanting to know how somebody plays,well let's just say it might not be proper.but anyways here goes.in order to play the baby you got to be at 60 yr old,known to go off once in awhile,not afraid to take all the bull---- when it comes your way.partially blind,retired and getting those social security checks or something along those lines.the baby is just a wannabe,you v'e seen those kind befor haven't you.anyway thats who the baby is.............p.s. send him a private message if you want to no more...............peace out

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
thebaby said:
Listen DOC,you sound like a real nice guy,but when you post on the internet wanting to know how somebody plays,well let's just say it might not be proper.but anyways here goes.in order to play the baby you got to be at 60 yr old,known to go off once in awhile,not afraid to take all the bull---- when it comes your way.partially blind,retired and getting those social security checks or something along those lines.the baby is just a wannabe,you v'e seen those kind befor haven't you.anyway thats who the baby is.............p.s. send him a private message if you want to no more...............peace out
Frank, I like your style, and you're alright with me!! You knew I was just teasin' Hendy because you knocked him out of the tournament.;) I pretty much meet your criteria for competition: 66 years old, playing worse every year. If I ever get out to Sacto, I'll look you up.

Doc

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
gulfportdoc said:
Congratulations to Amar! That Bart M. is something else. Just keeps on playing well. Sumbich must be as old as Henderson...;)

Doc

JR may be older than dirt, but he plays like a guy in his early nineties. Baby Frank won't play him anymore because the game is too easy.

thebaby

Verified Member
don't forget the nut in the case!

don't forget the nut in the case!

Doc,after reading kentucky bill's post,i have to add this to the qualifIications list.If i sense you are missing any screws up top you surely can get played.All you have to do is ask.....sincerely your's THE BABY.