Incardona vs. Mathews 1994 Roanoke

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
The score is 3-3 in games going to 4 and Dr. Bill is up 6-0 in this game. What would you do?

View attachment 2703

View attachment 2704

I don't remember what I did but I like shooting off the 3 ball going to the side rail with left hand english and dropping down on my side of the table possibly by the first dia. on the foot rail.

I probably shot off the 7 ball with 1 tip of left english and tried to position the cue ball near or frozen to the 8 ball. That shot is a little risky but with good control of the cue ball it was a possible option I may have tried.

I like shooting off the 3 ball, which was the first shot I described. I move better today than back then.

Billy I.

timdog24

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I don't remember what I did but I like shooting off the 3 ball going to the side rail with left hand english and dropping down on my side of the table possibly by the first dia. on the foot rail.

I probably shot off the 7 ball with 1 tip of left english and tried to position the cue ball near or frozen to the 8 ball. That shot is a little risky but with good control of the cue ball it was a possible option I may have tried.

I like shooting off the 3 ball, which was the first shot I described. I move better today than back then.

Billy I.

I like the the shot off the 3 ball. That's the best spot for the cue ball here. Unless you can pocket the 7 for Grady and get the cue ball to where you suggested, but it looks pretty straight in.

You also might be able to bank the 1 ball up table past the balls with running english. Cue ball to the side rail, then to the foot rail. But, only if it layed natural.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:

Billy I.

I dont like this position at all. You coud cot the 7 ball up the end table and leave the cue ball by the center off the table on the rail.

But I think he will kiss the 7 ball to his side of the table. But if it doesnt role good. You give him a bank anc if he makes it he was a chance too run out.

I dont like either shot.My shot I dont think anyone would shoot it. For lots off reasons.

THe way the balls are I cant see the angle real good. But I would shoot the 3 ball in the pocket.

Witch is against the rules too bring another ball down the table. But he has 8 balls thier any way. So it doesnt make much difference.

I would shot the tree ball in the pocket and draw the cue ball a dimond in front off the corner pocket on Billys side off the table.

And close too the rail. And the ball gets spoted and Grady is not in a good spot. And he cant make anything from thier.

Because I dont want too leave him a free bank to run out.

And this is not a good position Billy is in.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I dont like this position at all. You coud cot the 7 ball up the end table and leave the cue ball by the center off the table on the rail.

But I think he will kiss the 7 ball to his side of the table. But if it doesnt role good. You give him a bank anc if he makes it he was a chance too run out.

I dont like either shot.My shot I dont think anyone would shoot it. For lots off reasons.

THe way the balls are I cant see the angle real good. But I would shoot the 3 ball in the pocket.

Witch is against the rules too bring another ball down the table. But he has 8 balls thier any way. So it doesnt make much difference.

I would shot the tree ball in the pocket and draw the cue ball a dimond in front off the corner pocket on Billys side off the table.

And close too the rail. And the ball gets spoted and Grady is not in a good spot. And he cant make anything from thier.

Even shootiing off the one ball is no good and going on the bottom rail. .

This is very tricky.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
timdog24 said:
I like the the shot off the 3 ball. That's the best spot for the cue ball here. Unless you can pocket the 7 for Grady and get the cue ball to where you suggested, but it looks pretty straight in.

You also might be able to bank the 1 ball up table past the balls with running english. Cue ball to the side rail, then to the foot rail. But, only if it layed natural.
The problem with the 3 ball shot is that I may leave a double bank on the 7 ball that will put me in big trouble. But if I play off the 3 ball and don't fall too deep on my side I could snooker him from the 7 ball. That would probably be a better spot for me to fall on.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:

Sorry but I dont like your shot, you will give him an opportunity to develop a strong position by cutting the 1 ball into the stack with a tip of inside english and then go back up table with the cue ball.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Sorry but I dont like your shot, you will give him an opportunity to develop a strong position by cutting the 1 ball into the stack with a tip of inside english and then go back up table with the cue ball.

Billy I.

The balls arant laying too good even if he shoots the one ball you will be able to kick at the eght ball. At the worst. And the 3 ball wot be thier for him to bank.

But everything looks tough. I think the best shot might be the one bakll up the table and the cue ball on the bottom rail

At leasy you will have two balls up the table. And you dont want too give him a free bank and be behind the balls.

You could make a mistake real easy from her. Or bank the seven ball up the table and the cue ball should kiss it over too youre side.

But every shot will have its risks from this position.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Frank Almanza said:
This is what I like with the score that way it is. Take one ball out of play and protect from any straight back banks.View attachment 2705

Thats fine if you get the cue ball perfect or you give him a bank on the 9 ball.

Too run out. Thats why I didnt like it. But if you can get the cue ball that good then its not bad.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thats fine if you get the cue ball perfect or you give him a bank on the 9 ball.

Too run out. Thats why I didnt like it. But if you can get the cue ball that good then its not bad.

I dont like the shot even if the cue ball gets thier he can go off the midle ball of the 3 balls. And double you up down the end rail . On your dide off the pocket.

Nothing is any good that I can see. Its all trouble.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Frank Almanza said:
This is what I like with the score that way it is. Take one ball out of play and protect from any straight back banks.View attachment 2705
I like your shot too, but you may leave the double bank on the 7 ball. Why not bank the 1 ball into the pack and send multiple balls up table? With this shot you can position the cue ball closer to his side and cut down on the bank on the 7 ball. plus the balls will be going up table and most likely there will be a ball on your side that he will have to defend against. Like Artie said there are possible problems with all of the shots. Tough position to deal from.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I dont like the shot even if the cue ball gets thier he can go off the midle ball of the 3 balls. And double you up down the end rail . On your dide off the pocket.

Nothing is any good that I can see. Its all trouble.

Probably the best shot is making the 7 ball for Grady and puting him in the stack. The angle looks pretty good .
And even if its off a litle youiliminate Gtadys key ball.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Frank Almanza said:
I would be delighted if he tried to double bank the seven ball from there.

Im getting the feeling Billy lost this ganme. And he is 50 to 1 favorite. Maybe 49 to 1.

And Bily can gst those odds. Because he will lock his bet up. He is a clever little fellow. And a witch doctor on top off all that.

My friend the witch doctor he told me what too say. My rfiend the witch sictor he told me to do. He said oue E oue E ah wata wata bing bang. My friend the witch doctor.

Billy do you remember what you shot. Whith out looking at the tape.

WE are plyaing the honer system. I did that on Halloween I put out a bowl off CAndy All nice bug Hershy bars Baby ruth and butterfingers.

honer system only take one candy bar. Im watching you.

When I came back home all the candy was gone. And the bowl was still tier.

I always wondered if some one took them all at once.

But Itreated kids real good. When I was home on hollowwhine I would give everyone a Dollar and a dollaer candy bar.

The would pullup in vans 6 and 9 ant a time. And almost everyone in the block had thier lights off. But me. And I had a hundred and 68 kids come but.

Because I new by how many singles I gave out. I even had someone help me

And he told me married couples are coming too the door. And I never laughed so hard.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Im getting the feeling Billy lost this ganme. And he is 50 to 1 favorite. Maybe 49 to 1.

And Bily can gst those odds. Because he will lock his bet up. He is a clever little fellow. And a witch doctor on top off all that.

My friend the witch doctor he told me what too say. My rfiend the witch sictor he told me to do. He said oue E oue E ah wata wata bing bang. My friend the witch doctor.

Billy do you remember what you shot. Whith out looking at the tape.

WE are plyaing the honer system. I did that on Halloween I put out a bowl off CAndy All nice bug Hershy bars Baby ruth and butterfingers.

honer system only take one candy bar. Im watching you.

When I came back home all the candy was gone. And the bowl was still tier.

I always wondered if some one took them all at once.

But Itreated kids real good. When I was home on hollowwhine I would give everyone a Dollar and a dollaer candy bar.

The would pullup in vans 6 and 9 ant a time. And almost everyone in the block had thier lights off. But me. And I had a hundred and 68 kids come but.

Because I new by how many singles I gave out. I even had someone help me

And he told me married couples are coming too the door. And I never laughed so hard.
That's a funny story. The answer to your question is no I don't remember what I shot, but i'm leaning to the shot off the 7 ball cue ball toward the 8 ball. For some reason I believe that I shot that shot because I usually hit that shot well.

Billy I.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Frank Almanza said:
I would be delighted if he tried to double bank the seven ball from there.

It depends on who he is and if the guy can bank he is going to get it close and get the cue ball down table with the balls in the center covering it, if he makes it he continues to run out.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I like Frank's shot, or I might thin the 7 with inside english, banking the 7 across to my side and sending the CB back toward the 3. The 7 ball will be a problem until you move it.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Finally...

Finally...

vapros...... or I might thin the 7 with inside english, banking the 7 across to my side and sending the CB back toward the 3. The 7 ball will be a problem until you move it.[/QUOTE]

...somebody with a onepocket brain. It aint a great response, but its the simplest, sanest response to a tuff situation. It might buy you some time to escape completely later.

BEard