SVB ducked me....

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
I tried to get him down 18-4 and he wouldnt play-cheap. I have zero chance to win and he went and played a $3/$5 10 ball ring game instead of playing me. Its cool to be ducked by a champion but I have no chance to win, I just wanted to donate. I really like shane alot and respect him more than he realizes. So the title of this thread is just a poke at him-its not personal. Shane and I fight over other things too(in a friendly way).

I have watched Dip play and he knows lots more offensive shots than I do, he awayls has balls rolling to his side of the table, like Chohan does. I might have a prettier stroke, stance, and appear to look like a better player-but when you watch someone play 20 hours of 1P and you see them shoot better shots more than 50% of the time than I would choose to shoot-he has to be more knowledgeable and therefore a better player. If I see someone shoot the wrong shot more often than me, I feel like the better player.

Whats your opinion of that logic?

mine is he knows 1P better than I do. period. And therefore should beat able to beat me, in 9ball or 8 ball I like my end of it.

again if you see a guy shoot better shots often isnt it safe to assume he is a stronger player? yes or no?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
those who shoots the better shots is better .
dick not playing you 18-4 take as a compliment:D

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
lll said:
those who shoots the better shots is better .
dick not playing you 18-4 take as a compliment:D

hehe... Dick will be the 1st to admit, his days of giving 18-to anything is over:D

He's talking about SVB, not SJD:eek::)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
CaliRed said:
hehe... Dick will be the 1st to admit, his days of giving 18-to anything is over:D

He's talking about SVB, not SJD:eek::)
WOW:eek:
it read SVB
and i saw SJD
regardless of the player
fatboy take it as a compliment:)

Viffer

Verified Member
save the bs ill take 10-6,

you 2 bt hustlers need new lines, been saying and trying the same things for 20 years, i told you how we could play.

cant none of you lose a few sets and laugh and have fun so why should i play, save it. every things fun tell i win a set or it gets tough, no thanks.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
@ Fatboy -
I tend to agree with your reasoning at determining a players speed. Thing is, Efren's ability minus his knowledge, and he would be nobody. I know several good, solid 1-pocket players who haven't seen a THREE pack of nine ball in years.

But if you execute well and are less of a player, it is more important to consider changing WHAT you execute. I ran a 7 pack on 4-1/8 pockets, and lost to a guy playing one pocket in the same day. I knew I was better, and I knew he was smarter. Lesson learned. Due to the price!

I personally think you have more speed than you are giving yourself credit for. Do things like play 4 no-count, 6-no count, where you are forced into plays. If you limit your overall choices, you are left with less options and the solution will be staring you in the face.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Viffer said:
save the bs ill take 10-6,

you 2 bt hustlers need new lines, been saying and trying the same things for 20 years, i told you how we could play.

cant none of you lose a few sets and laugh and have fun so why should i play, save it. every things fun tell i win a set or it gets tough, no thanks.

He played me 10-6

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
newfosgatesucks said:
@ Fatboy -
I tend to agree with your reasoning at determining a players speed. Thing is, Efren's ability minus his knowledge, and he would be nobody. I know several good, solid 1-pocket players who haven't seen a THREE pack of nine ball in years.

But if you execute well and are less of a player, it is more important to consider changing WHAT you execute. I ran a 7 pack on 4-1/8 pockets, and lost to a guy playing one pocket in the same day. I knew I was better, and I knew he was smarter. Lesson learned. Due to the price!

I personally think you have more speed than you are giving yourself credit for. Do things like play 4 no-count, 6-no count, where you are forced into plays. If you limit your overall choices, you are left with less options and the solution will be staring you in the face.

This is very important too no. Eferen would be great no matter what. And Ability is always number one.

You can always learn the game. But not everyone will have super ability.

If I had EFerens ability I could give any one pocket player 2 balls. And I would be stealing.

Ability is the most important part of the game.

Because with out the great execution and position and speed control off the balls. Is super.

And he does not miss when he is playing his game. And he winns because how great is execution is.

And the knowledge part someone can teach you..Without the ability you will never be a champion. Its impossable.

Thats why ability comes first. You can always learn the knowledge part.

But we cannot learn to have the ability that Eferen has. You have too give him his dues.

He might be the greatest executionar in life. If not he is in the to 3 for sure.

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Fatboy said:
I tried to get him down 18-4 and he wouldnt play-cheap. I have zero chance to win and he went and played a $3/$5 10 ball ring game instead of playing me. Its cool to be ducked by a champion but I have no chance to win, I just wanted to donate. I really like shane alot and respect him more than he realizes. So the title of this thread is just a poke at him-its not personal. Shane and I fight over other things too(in a friendly way).

I have watched Dip play and he knows lots more offensive shots than I do, he awayls has balls rolling to his side of the table, like Chohan does. I might have a prettier stroke, stance, and appear to look like a better player-but when you watch someone play 20 hours of 1P and you see them shoot better shots more than 50% of the time than I would choose to shoot-he has to be more knowledgeable and therefore a better player. If I see someone shoot the wrong shot more often than me, I feel like the better player.

Whats your opinion of that logic?

mine is he knows 1P better than I do. period. And therefore should beat able to beat me, in 9ball or 8 ball I like my end of it.

again if you see a guy shoot better shots often isnt it safe to assume he is a stronger player? yes or no?

I'd guess that he didn't want to have to work as hard. He likes 10b, as it is more of a shoot-out. 1p would be more of a grind and fight, especially at those high spots.

As for the last question, there have been plenty of players worse than myself that I wish I had the sharp eyes of.. but like Nfgs said above, a smart player is better able to trap those players. I like my chances of screwing an opponent's next shot over him making tough shots repeatedly.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Dip I'll play 8/6, I'm going to 6 for $500/game just for something to do. I have about 2 weeks of things to deal with then i'll have time. If i'm wrong about the line i'll adjust, its just -practice pool at $500 anyways, something to do. I aint all that serious about it, but I would enjoy donating a few $$$'s.

Eric.

Fatboy said:

Hey, I know you guys are friendly, but for the sake of nit picking, 18-4 is anything other than a "friendly match up", if you are putting a bet on it. Maybe SVB felt like he could of been on the wrong side of that and didn't feel like playing hard to lose money, even if it was small money.

Years ago, I wanted to play Efren, just to play him, for obvious reasons. I approached him, in Q Master and asked to play a race to 5, for $50, getting the 8 ball. Needless to say, he accommodated me, let me win a couple of games, then finished things off. I dunno if he would played me if I asked for the 2 out, but with the 8, we both got something out of playing.

Eric

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Eric. said:
Hey, I know you guys are friendly, but for the sake of nit picking, 18-4 is anything other than a "friendly match up", if you are putting a bet on it. Maybe SVB felt like he could of been on the wrong side of that and didn't feel like playing hard to lose money, even if it was small money.

Years ago, I wanted to play Efren, just to play him, for obvious reasons. I approached him, in Q Master and asked to play a race to 5, for $50, getting the 8 ball. Needless to say, he accommodated me, let me win a couple of games, then finished things off. I dunno if he would played me if I asked for the 2 out, but with the 8, we both got something out of playing.

Eric

I'd play a champion even for $50/game

Viffer

Verified Member
Fatboy said:
Dip I'll play 8/6, I'm going to 6 for $500/game just for something to do. I have about 2 weeks of things to deal with then i'll have time. If i'm wrong about the line i'll adjust, its just -practice pool at $500 anyways, something to do. I aint all that serious about it, but I would enjoy donating a few $$$'s.

dippy dont practice, dippy dont ike foreplay he just likes to funk!!!!!!

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Deeman said:
Dippy got the game, Viffer got the heart! :)[/QUOTE

Me No Practice Not knoweing who too play? Practice on making game.

My new name Viffer Dippy Change name and bet higher. The cards will change.

And Viffer has too bring Dippy to a higher levele off playing.

Dippy will come back singing and playing in his happy place.

And Viffer Dippy will overcome the Las Vegas Heat. And cool all those players down.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
i'll play Dip $500/game cheap some day. 8/6 for starters, i might need more weight or less,I will adjust.

I might be moving out of Vegas so I would have to come to town to play but thats cool. Dip's cool with me. He created the biggest action in years. I cant knock that.