Ronnie Allen vs. Carl Bailey Action -- (Heard it through grapevine)

JAM

Verified Member
Today at 2:30 Vegas time, Ronnie Allen is supposed to play Carl Bailey for a medium chunkie. :D

Ronnie is getting 9 to 7. I heard Carl Bailey defeated Harry Platis in recent times.

They are supposed to play six hours and then take a break if nobody is ahead at that time.

All this action talk has Ronnie dusting off his cue and wanting to play him some one-hole. Good for him.

Get the money, R.A.! :cool:

My apologies to Carl Bailey, but I'm not sure who that is. :eek:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
JAM said:
Today at 2:30 Vegas time, Ronnie Allen is supposed to play Carl Bailey for a medium chunkie. :D

Ronnie is getting 9 to 7. I heard Carl Bailey defeated Harry Platis in recent times.

They are supposed to play six hours and then take a break if nobody is ahead at that time.

All this action talk has Ronnie dusting off his cue and wanting to play him some one-hole. Good for him.

Get the money, R.A.! :cool:

My apologies to Carl Bailey, but I'm not sure who that is. :eek:

Ronnie is in a pool fram off mind and if he keeps that foucus. I like Ronnie.

They only thing that can stop Ronnie from not performing is too loose concentration.

Because he has all the tools thier in his head. And if he is ready mentaly.

THe old Ronnie could come back too life. And he has enough heart and breath left in him too do what he is good at. WINNING.

But someone should keep a eye on him. Because off his health. And thats no joke. Stress and presure can do a lot too the mind and body.

If Ronnie performs what his attiyude showes, He will be the winner.

And I do no how to handy cap. Real good. But Im not looking too tought someone I could have done that many times.

And a good session will help ronnies spirit and get some exercise. If he wins.

He will have a party.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Carl did play Platis a couple years ago at DCC

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Fast Lenny said:
If he loses. He will have a party. :)[/QUOTE

I dont want too bring Ronnie bad luck. But Ronnie will party if he wins or looses.

Ronnie Allen just won his match against Carl. Ronnie played real good. THey played 7 ahed..

Ronnie said WHOS NEXT. Ronnie one with caracter. And showed he may be old.

BUt he still knowes how to count to 8.

And as long as he makes 8 balls before the other player makes 8 balls. He will be the winner.

Time may have changed our looks. But the will too win is still deep inside of Ronie Allen.

Im proud off you Ronnie. And as long as you can make that stick go back and forth. They will have thier hands full.

Hurry Back Dippy Ronnie is waithing for you.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
WOOF WOOF!! What kind of game can we get these two in, RA and Vif?? How should they play, to make it a good game? Billy? Lenny? There's a stream waiting to happen.
Viffer said:
ronnie couldnt breat me eaven.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I would love to stream Ronnie and Dippy if they would allow it. To be honest I am unsure of how Ronnie and Dippy play because although I have seen Dippy play for a good amount of hours, I have not see Ronnie really play but for a little bit when he came to Phoenix, if I would have won my match in that tournament then he and I would have played. Dippy said he cannot win even so I guess they could start there, I know Dippy can play longer than Ronnie for sure.

I really wish I could have streamed Scott and Dippy as all of you guys really missed out on some great one pocket by both guys, when you thought one or the other was in a trap they would escape. The run outs by Scott had us all in awe and Dippy shaking his head in disbelief, at the very least it would have been nice to have recorded it, I know Dippy would like to watch that last set over again.

JAM

Verified Member
Thanks for the great pictures, Steve. I enjoyed seeing them.

I'm not sure if there will be a rematch, but it's nice that R.A. scored a little jingle in his pockets.

I know his health sometimes gives him problems due to diabetes and other age-related medical problems, but he still has a lot of pool in his heart. I'm glad he played some this week. I'm sure it was fun for him. :)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
You would have to lower your minimum wager from $200k to $20k to find out.

I think he could beat you.

Viffer If you and Ronnie play I will bet either way just to watch the game. And You can ask Ronnie I never seen anyone off you Guts play.

But I will come and watch that game. And bet on either player or against either player.

And Viffer maybe you can heat Ronnies winning streack. And beating Ronnie will but a feather in your hat.Holdum Dippy playing the hit man Ronnie Allen.

crystal cue

Verified Member
If Ronnie Allen is making a comeback, a match with him and Artie would really
be something.I would pay good money for that dvd,if it had a player review
with some old war stories thrown in it would be worth more.

It would not matter who won or lost,it would be the best 1 pocket dvd you could get,Freddy has the banks taken care of,Ronnie and Artie have the chance to do the same with 1 pocket.

I think it would be a good learning tool and I need all the help I can get.
Does anyone else think this would be good for the game

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
UGH.

While I respect Ronnie for all he has done, watching him play now would be like watching a old race horse plow a field.

Ken

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
crystal cue said:
If Ronnie Allen is making a comeback, a match with him and Artie would really
be something.I would pay good money for that dvd,if it had a player review
with some old war stories thrown in it would be worth more.

It would not matter who won or lost,it would be the best 1 pocket dvd you could get,Freddy has the banks taken care of,Ronnie and Artie have the chance to do the same with 1 pocket.

I think it would be a good learning tool and I need all the help I can get.
Does anyone else think this would be good for the game

I no back in my time the game people always talket about for 30 years was Ronnie PLaying Bugs And Me playing Ronnie and Bugs and me playing. Well I played Bugs about 25 times and Ronnir and Bugs played 3 times.

And me and Ronnie played O times. Milwakie was the only time we were going too play. And we both loved the game. Ill repeat it we both loved the game.

And AS far as I am concerned. I had no problem giving the champions the breack. And I didnt see no other player giving the breack too the champions.

And Ronnie had his own balls his own cue ball. And he even picket the table. Thier was only one problem. Ronnie couldnt get a backer. THats why we didnt play.

And MY backer had at least 50 thousand dollaers on him. And we would have played. And I no it would have been a classick. Because you dont her too often that both players loved thier game.

But we will never no witch player would have loved it the most. And Ronnie loved going too tournements. And I never realy ran into him but once or twice.

Even when he was Chicago I never seen him. I seen him in Johnson city with all those great players. But I was with Mexican Johny and Johny asket everyone for one ball in banks nineball and one pocket.

And he couldnt get anyone too play him. And Johnny was intitled too a spot. And I played like 25% under Johnnys speed back then. I could have gotten 2 balls from Johnny the way I played then.

BUt all the great players were thier. Taylor Whimpy Chriss Mageean Bassals. Danny Delaberto Jersy Red. Joe Spath Marcel Camp Hubert Cooks Earl Hissler Corn Bread REd Danny Jones Cicero Murpy. All Miller THey sure had a lot off world beaters.

And My Friend played Wiennie Bennie Knock Rummy. Frank Garcia. I was in with Frank. And he won. And If I would have played close too my top speed off one pocket.

I could have made a good score.And I forgot Minnesota Fats. And Sammy Blumental. And Horace he wanted too Arm ressel.

And Lenny beat Jansco on a golf prop. And Jansko had that one pocket prop.So many balls in so meny tries. Harold Worst had the highest number too shot at.

I think it wa 26 or 27 . But I forgot. And I even forgot how many chances they would get. I think it was 5 but In not sure. ..

And I loved FAts stories the best. He could make a dying man laugh.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I no back in my time the game people always talket about for 30 years was Ronnie PLaying Bugs And Me playing Ronnie and Bugs and me playing. Well I played Bugs about 25 times and Ronnir and Bugs played 3 times.

And me and Ronnie played O times. Milwakie was the only time we were going too play. And we both loved the game. Ill repeat it we both loved the game.

And AS far as I am concerned. I had no problem giving the champions the breack. And I didnt see no other player giving the breack too the champions.

And Ronnie had his own balls his own cue ball. And he even picket the table. Thier was only one problem. Ronnie couldnt get a backer. THats why we didnt play.

And MY backer had at least 50 thousand dollaers on him. And we would have played. And I no it would have been a classick. Because you dont her too often that both players loved thier game.

But we will never no witch player would have loved it the most. And Ronnie loved going too tournements. And I never realy ran into him but once or twice.

Even when he was Chicago I never seen him. I seen him in Johnson city with all those great players. But I was with Mexican Johny and Johny asket everyone for one ball in banks nineball and one pocket.

And he couldnt get anyone too play him. And Johnny was intitled too a spot. And I played like 25% under Johnnys speed back then. I could have gotten 2 balls from Johnny the way I played then.

BUt all the great players were thier. Taylor Whimpy Chriss Mageean Bassals. Danny Delaberto Jersy Red. Joe Spath Marcel Camp Hubert Cooks Earl Hissler Corn Bread REd Danny Jones Cicero Murpy. All Miller THey sure had a lot off world beaters.

And My Friend played Wiennie Bennie Knock Rummy. Frank Garcia. I was in with Frank. And he won. And If I would have played close too my top speed off one pocket.

I could have made a good score.And I forgot Minnesota Fats. And Sammy Blumental. And Horace he wanted too Arm ressel.

And Lenny beat Jansco on a golf prop. And Jansko had that one pocket prop.So many balls in so meny tries. Harold Worst had the highest number too shot at.

I think it wa 26 or 27 . But I forgot. And I even forgot how many chances they would get. I think it was 5 but In not sure. ..

And I loved FAts stories the best. He could make a dying man laugh.

And I would play Ronnie some for 10 or 20 thousand dollars. But I would need some wight Because he is shooting real good. But I would play.

Just because we never played. And he would spot me Im sure.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Some old horses know the ART of plowing a field. And can outwork younger horses of more strength. I know Ronnie isn't what he was, but I bet he could out move and out con for the dough.
Ken_4fun said:
UGH.

While I respect Ronnie for all he has done, watching him play now would be like watching a old race horse plow a field.

Ken

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
newfosgatesucks said:
Some old horses know the ART of plowing a field. And can outwork younger horses of more strength. I know Ronnie isn't what he was, but I bet he could out move and out con for the dough.

Ronnies age means nothing because he is still a caracyer. And that caracter will never change. He was gone through it all.

And he will be thier too the finish line. WEather its pool or Horses. Thats his life and who he is.

And nothing can change that. Because thats who Ronnie wants too be. And the great thing about it is that he is unique and one off a kind. How many people do you see intodays generation.

With his kind off mind and personality. And his desire too keep playing and betting on hoses. Ronnie is living his life .

And doing what Ronnie wats too do. And the drive and energy is still in him. Because this is what he loves to do. And has done it his whole life.

And he could teach people a lot off things about liife and how to make it in the pool hustling world. He knowes more about people and life. And how too handle them and what too say then anyone.

He knowes people better then he knowes Pool. But nobody has ever said it . But Im saying it.

He is a champion at handling backers people and making games. I domt see anyone arould that had Ronnies gift off gab.

Not even Fats. He had better stories and better way off getting the squares too listen then Ronnie. But Ronnie was better than fats at getting backers. To get him to back them against him playing someone.

People like Ronnie are very raire. And I am saying it before its all gone. And nobody will say it. He is the real caracter. And those caracters dont come around too often. Appriciate him while you can.