Scott, Tony and Shane are the future of U.S. One Pocket ?...not so fast

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
Ghosty,

I'm bored & looking at old threads. Would you still stand by what you wrote in this thread about Gabe and Nevel? I know that time changes things, I was just wondering.

Dennis

Dennis......95% of what I said back then, I would still stand by - keeping in mind that this was the Frost, Gabe, Nevel, and Chohan of 3 years ago, that I was analyzing/comparing...needless to say, Scott is the one who's improved the most in the ensuing three years...

The 5% that I would change is re. Nevel...I had Nevel in the higher group in the categories of discipline, and having the least 'give up' in him...I believe I was in error there - after further consideration, I believe he belongs in the lower half in those two areas - his mental game is lacking in certain aspects...too bad, because his physical pool skills are tremendous.

- Ghosty

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Artie,

I haven't been in a "gambling" poolroom in at least 7 years. I don't know anything about any top players except for what I see in live matches online & DVD's. I couldn't set odds on Tweedledee being smarter than Tweedledum:) .

That said, I've been around Alex a couple of times when he was betting (Ronnie Wiseman's) cash pretty high. He was playing serious, not like the clown that I've seen him be lately when gambling high. I would say that for serious cash in a tough game Alex is a helluva player IF his head is on straight. He definitely plays better than Gabe or Nevel. Alex truly has the heart & talent to beat anybody that I've ever seen except Efren in his prime.

In my weak opinion I would say that Frost is unbeatable by anyone except himself. Isn't it always like that? If he's on his game and feels like winning then I don't think anybody can beat him. To steal a line from "The Hustler": "I know he can beat you, I asked if he will beat you, with him it's two different things". I'm sure I messed up that line but it's close. Frost is running from life instead of towards it and soon he'll pay the price. He's already made a down payment.

Dennis

I like that line too and it says a lot. And I think you said it right ut eounds wright too me. Whoever made up that line was pretty sharp.

Because he is asking him will he beat him. He doesnt want too her that he can beat him. That has too be a pool player that made that line. Its too good too come from a square.

I think its a great line and I hope I her it another 100 times be for I get too old too enjoy it. I loved the movie and the lines they used. I like thier lines the best.

And the descibe gambling and pool and the caracter the player has. And I always thought Paul Newman was a great actor. He has the innocent looking smile. And he is so good youthink its real.

I wish Willie would have got a better part. Because he was a great player and a great showeman. But that movie will be great forever.

And Gorge C scott what a tremendous actor he is. He realy laid it down. He said some great lines in the movie too.

You shoot a great game off pool fat man. So do you Eddie. It cant get no better then that. Everyone got thier monies worth. Nobocy got short changed.

senor

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Because players all play different against each other. It is very hard too make a exacte line on two players. Thats why you have too see howe they against each other.

Artie, this may be the most coherent thing you ever put to pen :) I agree BTW and FWIW