Billy Vs Grady

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
A little right english and I think this might do.

Attachments

• Billy Vs Grady - OnePocket.jpg
    Billy Vs Grady - OnePocket.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 0

bstroud

Verified Member
Lots of shots.

One into the edge of the 10 and freeze the cue ball.

Bill Stroud

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
just for discussion bstroud and androd and all you members and lurkers
when a ball is by your opponents hole and you dont or cant move it or get behind it
how often does putting him high on the stack snookered help???
does it just prolong your agony??
or does it get you to live and hopefully win the game?????
i posted this as much to show the shot and gradys reply as to discuss this concept/ move:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
lll said:
when a ball is by your opponents hole and you dont or cant move it or get behind it
i posted this as much to show the shot and gradys reply as to discuss this concept/ move:)
artie if you have shot
tell us
but im interested in the answer to this strategy question

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
newfosgatesucks said:
Punch-poke the 1 ball off those balls, freezing him on the 11.

For Billy because he likes too wi wright away. He doesnt like manovering around. He loves shooting .

So I will give him the shot too win the game. Shoot the 14 ball into the the ten and nine ball open up all three balls real nice and nine ball will go twords the rail not nere the rail just move it a little bit.

THe ten ball will come down by billsd pocket twords the yellow line. And the 14 ball will stop inbetween the ten and nine ball. All three balls will face billys pocket.

And you bring the cue ball to the side rail by the the first dimond on the other side off the table.

And the balls will be open real nice for billy too run out. And grady will be in trouble.And the cue ball will end up in the right hand corner rail. Near theend rail.

And thier is a ball missing if its 5 too nothing. But those tree balls will open up real nice and soft.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
lll said:
....why???

I would shoot this shot too. First off, it puts another ball real close to your hole. 2nd, it prevents him from touching your balls (???:eek:) 3rd, it prevents him from touching his balls(???:eek:)

Lately, I have been lucky enough to play a strong player who is constantly freezing me on balls and moving something near his hole. He freezes me on a ball on my side of the pack, using the pack to shield his balls and forcing me to shoot something around my area, and not being able to do anything with his accumulating piles of balls near his hole.

He doesn't necessarily have to get anything real close to his hole, but anywhere close where the pack is shielding his balls.

It is very frustrating and he's beating into my brain, just how strong those shots are.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Because A:You get a high ball, a low ball, and he is blocked from anything.
B: You LIMIT HIS OPTIONS
C: You effectively cut out his current safe zone of the table
D: Anywhere he can put me from there, I like.

lll said:
....why???

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
androd said:
Yeah, that's the shot I like.;)

Rod.

That shot would be ok bot freefing him too the 11 ball and then he shoots off the 11 ball and opens up the balls and leaves you on the end rail and you cant shoot at the one ball because if you miss he can run out.

And you but him in a position too open up the balls. And you think you did good because you have a ball on bothe sides off your pocket and you think he is safe,

But after he shoots you will be under the pressure even with a 5 to nothing lead.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
That shot would be ok bot freefing him too the 11 ball and then he shoots off the 11 ball and opens up the balls and leaves you on the end rail and you cant shoot at the one ball because if you miss he can run out.

And you but him in a position too open up the balls. And you think you did good because you have a ball on bothe sides off your pocket and you think he is safe,

But after he shoots you will be under the pressure even with a 5 to nothing lead.

I don't think they'll get very open where the CB is, unless you're planing to shoot some more towards billys pocket. I've been looking for that shot at the 1 ball for years. When I get it I'm not afraid to shoot.:D
Rod.
PS, My diagram showed putting the CB above the 14 ball

bstroud

Verified Member
lll said:

It all depends on where the ball near his pocket is and how well you position him in the stack. The reason you would do this is to get in a better position to move his ball. As Pucket used to say " If a guy has a ball near his hole and you don't move it he will eventually get it in his pocket".

Sometimes it is better to leave him up table where he can make the ball but only that ball. If he chooses to shoot it in he will lose any advantage that he had by having the ball near his pocket.

Bill Stroud

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
ace said:
A little right english and I think this might do.
This shot jumps out to most and is pretty obvious but I do not like it because we have to look deeper which can be hard to do. We have to think of the opponents return, if I am left where you diagrammed I am going to come of the 5 and get my cue ball by the other side of the stack and all of a sudden your in a trap and the tables have been turned so to speak. I would try to keep my opponent in the stick even if I foul and it cost me a ball doing it because the cue ball looks very close to the 1 to keep your rock there and get a rail with the 1 without fouling.

Attachments

• Billy Vs Grady - OnePocket.jpg
    Billy Vs Grady - OnePocket.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 0

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
I kind of like Ace's shot in post# 2..only I would use a little left english and leave QB way down table left rail

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
androd said:
I don't think they'll get very open where the CB is, unless you're planing to shoot some more towards billys pocket. I've been looking for that shot at the 1 ball for years. When I get it I'm not afraid to shoot.:D
Rod.
PS, My diagram showed putting the CB above the 14 ball

THats one off the main problems today playing one pocket people shoot at every shot the get. wheather its even money or 4 to 1 shot. the shoot.

THe game off one pocket has become a game off shooting. No more manovering or moving him. The all just shoot. Not all thier are a fewplayers left that manover.

Ike moves and Monster John moves Parica has become more off a mover now and belive iy or not so has Dhannon Daoulton. I dont want you to belive me ask Dhannon.

He use yoo shoot at everything. Cannon ball lefyu was a good Mover and so was clem. Either one off these players would have beaten at least half the hall off fame players.

But the are not in the hall off fame. And Mexican Johnny would have beaten half off the hall off fame players too. But it is what it is. I could name all these players would have been the favorite over.

All three off these players new how too play. And The only reason these players areant in the hall off fame is because they didnt play in tournements and nobody but the real players new them.

These three players were as good as any off the hall off fame players. And could have beaten any player on any given day. But there realy not going too get the credit they desirve.

Because haedley anyone new them And even when Mexican Johhny went too Arizona. He was the best player all around thier for years. Tell his game went down. .

These three players in thier prime could have beaten any player on any given day. And the truth needs too be told. Because they are all three hall off fame players.

And only a few players would have been the favorite over these player. Maybe 4 players.

They rest would have been even games or the would have been the favorite.

And one more player belongs in thier and he played as good as all off them. Was Detrioit Whity.

And all off these players had enough heart too win. Nobody realy told the truth about these players. Why I dont no maybe because they wanted too make themselves look better.

The truth has never realy been told. And If you would like to her who these players would have been the favorite over. You would be amazed.

But like I said the truth was never realy told. And its all politics. And People listen too what other people say that are full off it . Because all they want too do is build themselves up like they were great players.

And thats not the truth. And the only way they can do that was too build themselves up and put these players down. And everybody goes along what people say.

Because they dont no. And the real truth behind it is hudden and they belive the people hwo make up stories and never tell the truth about these players.

I am saying this because I feel it nessasary too too say it. And nobody else is going too say it because nobody cares asnythung about these players.

These players were real pool players. And if they dont deserve too be in the hall off fame nobody should be in thier. And all the players like Scoot Gab Cliff Alex Eferine none off those players realy had anything over these players.

And if the would have played back in thier time you could have flipet a coin who would have won. But people forget. And they go bye what they see today.

What would people say if they seen Ronnie or me play today. They would say those people cant play at all. But thats because they realy dont no and if Ronnie wouldnt have played in all those tournements.

They would have but him in the same class with these 4 players. Because nobody would have known them. And without the tournement exposure.

They dont give out recagnition. Because thats there Credintials. And thier records.

And people dont go by the money matches. Because they dont see them unless they are being played the same time the tournement is going on.

And today they have all these cameras DVDS and show all the games and matches. And If the same thing was done when these four players played in thier prime. THe would have gotten different exposure.

They were great but soon they will be forgoten. And how great they realy were. And sice I have been on this site nobody has given these players thier duys they deserve,

And they were as good as any player then and nowe. And not too many excepye a hand full off people realy seen these players play in thier prime.

So what would they no. But at least this artical well tell about how great they realy were. All 4 off these players have my respect. And I cogradulate them for there acomplishments. And what great players they were. And played everyone.

And you were all great and part off my time and my generation on earth. And I will always remember you. And you all played a big part in the world. And pool was youre life.

THanks for all those great momotns and all those great games. And no player had more heart courage then Cannon Ball Detroite Whity Mexican Johnny and Clem. You were all great players. And gave your life too pool and made your living playing pool.

You were the pioneers that made pool what it is today.

Thanks for all youre contrabution and great momonts you gave too pool.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
anyone else care to offer a shot or give an opinion on leaving the q high in the stack when your opponent has a ball by thier pocket??

Last edited: