DCC 2011 Trip Report, Part 2

lfigueroa

Verified Member
sunnyone said:
mr. lou ... i didn't know about the chemo. so sorry. here's to very old, very grumpy old ladies!

sunny

Thanks, Sunny.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
Very well written, Lou, and it's good to have you back, of course. You and I have a lot more in common than we have differences -- I'm also blessed with a very supportive wife. She went through something not too dissimilar about five years ago and has been getting clean reports ever since. Please give your wife my best from me, and someday the four of us will get together for a toast -- to long lives and strong marriages.

May the good reports keep coming. No doubt we'll get together sometime (BTW, my wife is from NE). Thanks, Steve.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
suki said:
Talking about speeches. The one I heard a lot the 3 years I played in the DCC was the Diamond tables and how I have never played on them or practiced. Oh I see you used that speech too. lmao. So did the Ghost.
And that was my speech too. There just are no Diamond tables on the West Coast that I know of, at least Northern California.

lol.

Lou Figueroa

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
thats a great post Lou, I didnt like the red circle CB either, sadly I got sick and was stuck in the room for 5 days(that really made me mad) oh well nest year....:)

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Fatboy said:
thats a great post Lou, I didnt like the red circle CB either, sadly I got sick and was stuck in the room for 5 days(that really made me mad) oh well nest year....:)

Thanks, Eric. Man, you have some bad luck at the DCC -- weren't you laid up in your room for back problems last year?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
P00lh0li0 said:
Missed reading these great trip reports of yours Lou. Glad you're back.

Thanks, P00lh0li0.

Lou Figueroa
hope I got
that name right :)

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Lou,
Sorry we didn't get a chance to at least shake hands.

Your comment about the Tournament staff and their exceptional service was correct and shared by many players. The staff included Bill Stock (Mark Griffin's top Rules and TD person) Ric Jones and wife Bonnie (Ric is also a TD and Ref, of Bad Boys Inc. the transport table company used by Mark) and Referees Rick Donner and Ken Shuman (also early shift TD) None of these people work for Diamond. They also do the BCAPool League Vegas in May and US Open 10 ball and One pocket events. So sorry if I missed anyone, those were the only people I saw in the 2 days I was there. They've been working together since the early days of the IPT (2006) and before that with the BCA Summer event.

Great staff to have IMO and wonderful people to work with.

lfigueroa said:
Oh, and I want to write this before I forget: but I thought the tournament staff -- those working the desk and ticket office were exceptional. I believe they are mostly Diamond employees uprooted and trucked in to help out for the event and I just want to say how, in spite of the non-stop questions, requests, and transactions how pleasant they were. They add a lot to the tournament and deserve to be commended.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
SactownTom said:
Lou,
Sorry we didn't get a chance to at least shake hands.

Your comment about the Tournament staff and their exceptional service was correct and shared by many players. The staff included Bill Stock (Mark Griffin's top Rules and TD person) Ric Jones and wife Bonnie (Ric is also a TD and Ref, of Bad Boys Inc. the transport table company used by Mark) and Referees Rick Donner and Ken Shuman (also early shift TD) None of these people work for Diamond. They also do the BCAPool League Vegas in May and US Open 10 ball and One pocket events. So sorry if I missed anyone, those were the only people I saw in the 2 days I was there.

Great staff to have IMO and wonderful people to work with.

Yeah, sorry we didn't meet, Tom.

And thanks for listing the names -- they really did a great job.

Lou Figueroa

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
You must be talking about these guys -- well, two of them anyway

lfigueroa

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
You must be talking about these guys -- well, two of them anyway

Yes, thems two of the guys -- but also all the girls at the ticket/info/registration/t-shirt/payout desk.

Lou Figueroa

Deeman

Verified Member
Fatboy said:

Fatboy,

Sorry the crud got you down, you always add a lot to the event and your right, you'll be back next year!

DeeMan